Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Map Quest!

So if you haven't figured it out by now I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm kind of a loser, and if you don't believe me feast your eyes on this. You won't find this map in any atlas because I made it up. Everything on here is fictional including the names. In fact I found that coming up with all the place names was the hardest part.
Theres no story behind this world (No D&D campaign, I'm not that bad) but I kind of picture it to exist in and around an industrial revolution sort of time. A time when naval power is extremely significant. The western continent is more reminiscent of our worlds Europe and America, while the lower eastern continent is more a combination of Asia and Africa, but culturally more similar to a semi modern Germany/Rome (at least the big red nation, (Tytheria)).The Yellow patch near the bottom of the world is supposed to be like an Incan society or tribe.
Any way up loading this was actually kind of premature there are three cities I forgot to assign names to. It can kind of be like a wheres Waldo book! You can have lot's of fun trying to find them. Also, there is one glaringly huge mistake on this map. I'll give any one who can find it a high five.

2 comments:

Drakie said...

I'm a big fan of this.

mggooley said...

the thyseneal treaty was in 1644, jeese. nah no idea