Friday, April 30, 2010

Really haven't been posting enough


I admit it, I've been slacking... I've done a few interesting things in the last week. I went to Hinckly Ohio to watch a reproduction of a 1940's style radio production. Well I guess it really wasn't a reproduction, since it was actually recorded with the intention of being aired on the radio. The played super old pop songs, it was actually a lot of fun. The man who puts it on "Larry Kass" also has an extremely impressive collection of art. He had a large number of paintings by Barbara Sargent who is most famous for creating the Strawberry Shortcake character. Turns out she's also an amazing oil painter.

I went to the CCAD senior thesis show today. I was mightily impressed with most of the work. Honestly this might be one of the most talented grades I've seen. There were definitely some very talented people in my grade, but this group seems more consistently good, like everyone is operating on a level that much closer together. They seem like a pretty tight group that might have something to do with it. I don't remember my grade being so tight.... or maybe I was just an outsider, who knows?

Any way that's about it.

No comments: